Monday, October 17, 2011

Malabar

I'm enjoying my visits to all of the restaurants that are offering special vegan selections this month during the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge.  But I also want to acknowledge a restaurant that offers vegan menu items all the time -- Malabar in Natomas.

Malabar has a separate vegan/vegetarian menu, clearly indicating which items are vegan and which items are vegetarian.  I had dinner there with my husband last night and ordered their delicious Fire Roasted Stuffed Portabella, which was filled with artichoke hearts and red bell pepper, and served with jicama slaw and very tasty black beans.  Other vegan entrees listed on the menu are the grilled vegetable risotto with pomodoro sauce, risotto primavera, a wrap containing grilled zucchini, yellow squash, and oven-roasted tomatoes in pomodoro sauce, rice vermicelli noodles with pomodoro sauce, and stir-fry vegetables and rice noodles in a sesame-soy glaze.  There are also a couple of vegan salads and several vegan side dishes.  Alas, there are no vegan desserts, but other than that, I really appreciate the effort they have put into making vegans welcome at Malabar.

Malabar is located at 2960 Del Paso Road, just off I-5.  Their phone number is 916-574-9074, and their website address is http://www.malabaramericancooking.com/.  Malabar is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.


No comments: