Monday, June 24, 2013

Jack's Urban Eats



Generally speaking, the menu at Jack's Urban Eats isn't very vegan-friendly. Roast meats, chicken strips, side dishes loaded with butter or cheese -- all the foods that make a vegan cringe.


So why do I find myself there at least once every few weeks? Because of their Create Your Salad menu option, that's why. This feature allows you to choose your greens (mixed greens, Romaine, or spinach), your salad dressing (although the only one that's vegan is the balsamic vinaigrette), and up to six different toppings. I ordered a half salad, which is only $1.00 cheaper than a full salad, but all you get for the extra dollar is additional greens, not more toppings.


In the salad pictured above, I had Romaine lettuce, balsamic vinaigrette, tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, beets, Kalamata olives, and pepperoncini. It's definitely one of my favorite salads! Other vegan toppings available at Jack's include broccoli, grilled mushrooms, kidney and garbanzo beans, carrots, corn, tofu, sun-dried cranberries, red bell pepper, celery, Fuji apples, jicama, fire-roasted red peppers, red onion, and sunflower seeds.


Jack's Urban Eats has multiple locations in the greater Sacramento area, including restaurants in Midtown, Arden-Arcade, Natomas, Gold River, Roseville, Folsom, and Davis. More information about their menu, hours, and locations is available on their website at http://jacksurbaneats.com/.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi! I'd love to follow your blog but am unable to find it in my BlogLovin app. Any idea why?

Pam said...

Thanks for your interest, Ashley. I'm not sure, but I think if you search using the full URL you'll be able to find the blog:

http://sacramentovegan.blogspot.com/

Let me know if that works for you, okay? Other ways to follow Sacramento Vegan are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-Vegan/156965251048946 or by following @PamGiarrizzo on Twitter.

Anonymous said...

It worked! Thanks!

Pam said...

Great! Thanks for letting me know.