Monday, June 3, 2013

Manaao Thai Cuisine




I'm running out of restaurants to blog about, so last month, I did what I always do when I find myself in this situation: I went looking for a Thai restaurant that I hadn't tried before. I love Thai restaurants because they almost always have several vegan options.


This time, I decided to check out Manaao Thai Cuisine in West Sacramento. It's located in a little strip mall across the freeway from the IKEA shopping center. Many of the dishes on the menu can be made vegan by adding vegetables or tofu instead of animal protein. However, the curry dishes contain fish sauce, so I stayed away from the curries.


I ordered the Pad Kee-Mow, or Drunken Noodle, since I really like the fat rice noodles that are used in this dish. The noodles were stir-fried with tofu, garlic, onions, and red bell pepper in a spicy garlic chili sauce. Along with the cup of vegetable soup that preceded the meal, this was a very satisfying lunch.


Manaao Thai Cuisine is located at 715 Harbor Point Place in West Sacramento, and their phone number is 916-373-1732. The restaurant's website address is http://www.manaaothai.com/index.html, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Manaaothai?fref=ts. They are open Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 9:30 p.m. The restaurant is closed on Saturdays.




No comments: