Monday, April 16, 2012

Ten22

My husband and I had a very nice dinner at Ten22 in Old Sacramento recently. I sent a message to the restaurant beforehand to ask if they had any vegan menu options and received a quick response from the restaurant's marketing assistant. She listed several items that are vegan or can be made vegan.

I started with the fresh and delicious Crispy Organic Granny Smith Apples and Romaine Salad, which I'd had on a previous visit to Ten22. In addition to the apples and Romaine, this salad includes walnuts and dried cranberries, and it's dressed with a cider vinaigrette. Normally, it also includes blue cheese, so you'll need to ask your server to omit the cheese.

For my entree, I ordered the Organic Vegetables with Pesto Pasta. Since pesto generally includes Parmesan cheese, I was surprised to see this dish on the list of vegan items. I was told that the chef can prepare pesto with or without the cheese, so make sure to let your server know that you are vegan and don't want cheese in your food. The plate of pasta I received appeared to have some basil chopped up in it, although I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a pesto sauce. Still, it was very good.

The other items available for vegans are the Chickpea Hummus in the Starters section of the menu, the Organic Simple Greens in the Gifts from the Garden section, the Seasonal Vegetable and Fresh Mozzarella Pizza (if ordered without the cheese) in the From the Brick Oven section, the Roasted Seasonal Vegetable Stew in the Large Plates section, and the Roasted Fingerlings and the Vegetable "Ratatouille" (if ordered without butter) in the Sides section.

Ten22 is located at 1022 Second Street in Old Sacramento. Their phone number is 916-441-2211, and their website address is http://ten22oldsac.com/. They are open seven days a week from 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

No comments: