Monday, September 3, 2012

Thai Palace

Whenever I'm having a hard time finding a place to blog about, I start looking around for a Thai restaurant that I haven't tried yet. I always know that I'll like the food and that there will be plenty of vegan options.

My visit yesterday to Thai Palace in East Sacramento was no exception. As always, my first question to the server was whether fish sauce is used in the curry dishes. She told me that if you order a vegetarian curry, they will leave out the fish sauce. I've found that it's always best to tell your server explicitly that you are vegan and do not want fish sauce in your curry.

I didn't end up ordering curry, though. I ordered the Thai Palace Vegetarian, which consisted of sautéed tofu, black mushrooms, baby corn, zucchini, green beans, carrots, and onions in a "special sauce." I don't know what was in the special sauce, but it had a nice flavor and it wasn't spicy. I enjoyed this dish very much.

Other vegan entrees include sautéed mixed vegetables, Vegetable Praram (mixed vegetables with peanut sauce served over spinach), Eggplant Vegetarian (sautéed eggplant with tofu, hot chili, onions, and sweet basil), Pad Kee Mow Noodles Vegetarian (pan-fried thick rice noodles with mixed vegetables, tomato, fresh basil, and chili), and Spicy Tofu Combination (sautéed tofu with fresh chili, baby corn, bamboo shoots, onions, and sweet basil). There are also some vegan salad and soup options.

Thai Palace is located at 3262 J Street. Their phone number is 916-447-5353, and their website address is http://www.thaipalacesac.com/. The restaurant is open for lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and for dinner from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, they're open from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. They are closed on Monday.


No comments: