Monday, April 14, 2014

Star Ginger Food Truck



For this week's blog article, I had intended to highlight another one of the food trucks that will be participating in SactoMoFo 7 on April 26th. But when I went to the River Walk in West Sacramento at lunchtime last week and tried to order a vegan meal at the truck in question, I was told they were out of tofu. So there went that blog post.


I was starting to worry about what else I could blog about when I stumbled upon a food truck that, unfortunately, will not be at SactoMoFo 7. The Star Ginger food truck operates on the UC Davis campus, and since I was there for Saturday's Picnic Day, I stopped by for lunch. This food truck is part of Mai Pham's restaurant group, along with Star Ginger Asian Grill & Noodle Bar and Lemon Grass Restaurant. I'm a huge fan of Mai Pham's restaurants, where there are always several fabulous vegan options.


The food truck menu was limited to bánh mi sandwiches, so I ordered the vegan Tofu & Veggies Bánh Mi. Served on a fresh Vietnamese baguette, this delicious sandwich included pan-seared tofu, cucumbers, carrots, daikon, cilantro, mushrooms, and a little jalapeno. Just what I needed to fuel my walk through that huge campus!




The Star Ginger food truck is located near the Silo, around the middle of the campus, and you should definitely check it out the next time you're at UC Davis. It doesn't have much of an Internet presence, but you can find a little more information at http://roaminghunger.com/star-ginger or at http://www.starginger.com/newspress/star-ginger-asian-grill-launches-mobile-food-truck-at-uc-davis-campus.

No comments: