Monday, September 8, 2014

Coffee Garden

Every so often, I walk from my house to Coffee Garden on Franklin Boulevard. I don't drink coffee, but it's nice to sit there with a glass of iced tea and read a book or do a little writing.


When I was there last week, I checked their menu to see if there was anything for a vegan to have for lunch. I ordered the Vegetarian Sandwich, without the cheese or mayonnaise. The cashier asked if I was vegan, and when I told her I was, she explained that the bread they use for the sandwich isn't vegan, but they can substitute sourdough. She also said the chips that come with the sandwich aren't vegan either, but they could replace them with raw vegetables. Perfect!




I noticed a vegan dessert in the bakery case, so I had to order it, of course. This vegan Coconut Creme tasted as good as it looks!




It looks like other items on the Coffee Garden menu could easily be made vegan. The Greek Salad could be ordered without the feta cheese, for example, and the croutons could be omitted from the House Salad if they aren't vegan. And for those of you who are coffee drinkers, soy milk is available at an additional cost.


Coffee Garden is located at 2904 Franklin Boulevard, and their phone number is 916-457-5507. Their website address is http://www.thecoffeegarden.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/CoffeegardenSacCa. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.


No comments: