Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge 2014 -- Capitol Garage

I'm just back from eating every single item on the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu at Capitol Garage, and I'm so full I can barely breathe. I probably should have had some of the food boxed up to bring home, but I just couldn't stop eating it!


The first course was a pumpkin salad served on a bed of arugula. It was dressed with an allspice vanilla vinaigrette and topped with toasted pepitas. I don't usually care for arugula, but it worked beautifully in this salad.




Next up was the Blackened Cauliflower Steak, which consisted of char-grilled cauliflower and barbecue roasted beets with a coconut leek soubise. I had to look up "soubise," and it's apparently a type of Bechamel sauce with puréed onions. Since cauliflower and beets are two of my favorite vegetables, this spicy dish was perfect for me.




And then came the dessert. It looked like a candy bar, but inside the hard dark chocolate shell was almond cake, pear sauce, and a thin layer of caramel. Oh, my goodness...




Items on the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu at Capitol Garage are available for both lunch and dinner. The restaurant is located at 1500 K Street, and their phone number is 916-444-3633. Their website address is http://www.capitolgarage.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/capGarage. Capitol Garage is open Monday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to midnight, Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

2 comments:

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

That looks like an amazing meal!

Pam said...

Yes, it was, Tami!