Monday, March 2, 2015

Kitchen428 in Woodland

I took a drive up I-5 last week and had lunch in historic downtown Woodland at Kitchen428, which I had read was a farm-to-fork restaurant serving meals with seasonal, locally-sourced produce.


I was happy to see they had clearly marked the lunch menu to identify the dishes that were vegan or could be made vegan, which made ordering very easy. I decided on the hummus and pita plate, without the feta cheese, and the beet salad without the chevre. I could have added marinated tofu to the salad for an extra charge, but decided this was going to be enough food as it was.


The tasty hummus was spicy, and it was served with lightly toasted pita triangles, carrot and celery sticks, roasted red peppers, and Kalamata olives. The serving size was generous and could easily have been shared with another person.




The salad consisted of red and gold beets, mixed greens, micro greens, Mariani walnuts, and a citrus vinaigrette. It was very fresh and the flavors blended together beautifully.




I went back the next day with my husband. The Kitchen428 dining room was closed, but lunch was being served in the adjoining Mojo's Lounge & Bar. I ordered the Portobello Grill without cheese, which consisted of portobello mushroom, grilled zucchini, spinach, and basil oil on delicious focaccia, served with a side salad.




Kitchen428 is located at 428 First Street, and their phone number is 530-661-0428. The website address is http://www.mojoskitchen428.com and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Kitchen428?rf=398844460175643. The restaurant is open Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.



No comments: