Monday, May 25, 2015

Revolution Wines

My friend Cathy and I had lunch at Revolution Wines last week. I go there from time to time, and I can usually veganize something, but mostly I just eat some of the smaller appetizers, like the mixed nuts.


This time, though, they actually had a couple of substantial menu items that were vegan or easily made vegan, so I had quite a feast. For starters, I ordered the olives, which are citrus-marinated Castelvetrano olives. They're served warm, and they're absolutely addicting.




I couldn't pass up the roasted cauliflower, since that's one of my favorite vegetables. It was described on the menu as being served with caper-piquillo pepper-golden raisin relish. I couldn't even begin to imagine how that would work with the cauliflower, but it was excellent. I'd go back again for that dish alone.




Finally, I had the veggie banh mi, without the cilantro aioli. It consisted of ginger-soy marinated tofu, pickled vegetables, cilantro, and jalapeno slices, served on a delicious crusty baguette. All in all, it was a very satisfying lunch.




Revolution Wines is located at 2831 S Street, and their phone number is 916-444-7711. Their website address is http://rwwinery.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/revolutionwines/timeline. The restaurant is open Tuesday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

No comments: