Monday, June 27, 2016

The Wienery

Every so often, I get a craving for a hot dog. It used to be that whenever that occurred, I would head over to Capitol Dawg and order up one of their Veggie Dawgs. Alas, Capitol Dawg closed a few years ago. Since that option is no longer available to me, I'm always on the lookout to see who else is offering vegan hot dogs.




This past week, my search led me to the Wienery in East Sacramento to try The Vegetarian. This is a Tofurky Kielbasa that you can substitute for a regular hot dog in any of the Wienery's menu items. I decided to go with the Kraut Dog, which meant that my Tofurky Kielbasa was topped with mustard and sauerkraut. It was a pretty tasty lunch!




The chili the Wienery uses for its chili dogs is vegan, in case you'd like to give that a try sometime. Also, a sign hanging up behind the counter listed a spinach salad that sounded delicious. It's vegan if you leave off the walnuts, which are coated with something that involves egg.


The Wienery is located at 715 56th Street, and the phone number is 916-455-0497. Their website address is http://thewienerysacramento.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/The-Wienery-Sacramento-120057844704262/?fref=ts. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

No comments: