Monday, July 25, 2016

Osteria Fasulo

My husband Phil and I drove to Davis recently for dinner at Osteria Fasulo. We had a lovely table outdoors under the grape arbor, overlooking an extensive vegetable garden.


Two items on the Osteria Fasulo menu were listed as specifically vegan, so I ordered both. I started with this beautiful salad, the L'Insalata d'Avocado ed Arance, consisting of avocado, oranges, and heirloom tomatoes, served on a bed of Romaine and tossed with a mustard and extra virgin olive oil dressing. It was perfect.




For my entrée, I had the Risotto Primavera, a mixture of creamy Arborio rice and seasonal vegetables, including zucchini, red bell pepper, and carrots. It was very good too, considering that the salad was a very hard act for it to follow.




Both of these items are on the menu for both lunch and dinner.


Osteria Fasulo is located at 2657 Portage Bay East, #8, adjacent to Village Homes. Their phone number is 530-758-1324, and their website address is http://www.osteriafasulo.com/. The restaurant is open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and for dinner Monday through Saturday from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

No comments: