Monday, September 14, 2015

Harvest Bar

I had lunch with my friend Bonnie recently at Downtown & Vine on K Street. They had a new lunch menu that included some vegan salads. I ordered the roasted tofu salad, which was very good.




Afterwards, Bonnie suggested we walk through to the adjoining space, where we found the new Harvest Bar, a smoothie and juice bar. They had several salads on display, including the roasted tofu salad I'd just had for lunch. Apparently, they are now providing the lunch specials for Downtown and Vine.


In addition to the tofu salad, their display included three other vegan salads: ensalada sandia (watermelon), vegan marinara pasta, and roasted beet. They all looked wonderful, and I decided right then that I'd be back soon to try one or more of them.




When I returned the following week, there was an entirely different selection of salads on display. Apparently, the menu changes daily, as the staff at Harvest Bar is committed to preparing their dishes with the freshest produce available. Three of the five salads offered that day were vegan, and I was assured they will always have vegan options.




I ordered a salad trio consisting of romesco and wax bean, farro with pepitas, and Asian rice salads. All three were excellent, and I honestly didn't leave even a bit on my plate. I can't wait to see what other salads they'll offer in the future.




I ate my lunch at one of the tables in the back, but Harvest Bar is also a good place to stop for grab-and-go items. A vegan corn chowder was on the menu for the day, so I ordered a carton to take home for dinner. It was much too hot a day for soup, but I ate it anyhow, and it was great!




Harvest Bar is located at 1200 K Street, Suite 9, and their phone number is 916-228-4518. They don't appear to have a website, but their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/harvestbarsacramento?fref=ts. The restaurant is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasionally, they're open on weekends, depending on what events are happening at the convention center.

No comments: