Monday, June 20, 2016

Espresso Metro



Recently, I read that Espresso Metro in Land Park was celebrating its 28th anniversary. That made me realize that I'd never checked to see if any vegan options were offered there. So I remedied that situation last week when I stopped in for lunch.


Espresso Metro actually has a few vegan options. They don't have a printed menu listing all the choices, so I checked out what was in the refrigerated case near the cash register and followed up with questions to the staff. I ended up getting the vegan panini, which consisted of sourdough bread spread with hummus and filled with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, onions, carrots, sunflower seeds, and I don't remember what all, toasted panini-style. It was tasty, and the hummus had a nice flavor.




Other vegan options included a wrap and a quinoa Greek salad. There were two soups listed on the chalkboard that were probably vegan too: gazpacho and vegetable soup. For you coffee drinkers, soy, almond, or coconut milk are available.


Espresso Metro is located at 2104 11th Avenue, and their phone number is 916-444-6130. They don't seem to have a website, but their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Espresso-Metro-164161533603744/?fref=ts. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

No comments: