Monday, August 29, 2016

Nourish Health Bar and Cafe

One of the best things about having vegan Facebook friends is that when a new restaurant with vegan options opens anywhere in the area, I'm likely to start seeing posts about it in my news feed. That's how I found out about Nourish Health Bar and Café, which recently opened in Citrus Heights. I drove over there for lunch last week. It was a little hard to find, since there's no signage yet. If you find the tables and chairs on the sidewalk near Life Foods, though, you've come to the right place.


The menu at Nourish is very short -- they have a veggie burger, quinoa bowl, kombucha, herbal tea, and coffee. Everything on the menu is organic, vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free. Life Foods makes the burgers, buns, condiments, and dressings, which are available at Nourish as packaged products if you want to incorporate them into your meal preparation at home.


I was told that the bun used for the veggie burger is very nutrient-dense, and I wanted something lighter for lunch, so I opted for the quinoa bowl. It consisted of a scoop of quinoa topped with salad greens and a cut-up veggie burger. I requested that avocado and pineapple be added to the dish as well. Normally, this would involve an additional cost, but since the restaurant was still in its soft-opening phase, I wasn't charged for the additional ingredients. I guess the tomato slices must have been thrown in for good measure. It was a tasty and very hearty lunch.




The quinoa bowl also came with a side dish, so I chose the mixed vegetables. They were cooked just the way I like them -- still a little crunchy -- and the seasonings brought out their flavors nicely.




I'm a big kombucha fan, so I had to give their house-made kombucha a try. The masala chai ginger flavor was excellent.




Nourish Health Bar and Café is located at 7433 Greenback Lane, and their phone number is 916-740-6034. The Life Foods website can be found at http://www.lifefoodsinc.com/, and the Nourish Health Bar and Café Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Nourish-Health-Bar-and-Cafe-NorCal-172153096520567/. The café is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

No comments: