Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Which Wich

I was driving down 16th Street the other day and noticed that a new restaurant, Which Wich, had opened between K and J streets. I looked it up online and discovered that it's an international sandwich chain. More to the point, the word "vegan" appeared right on their home page, so it was clear that a visit was in order.


Walking in the door, I saw a row of racks on the wall with bags for the various types of sandwiches available. I grabbed the one that said "Vegetarian" across the top, took a marking pen out of the container on the counter, and began to fill out my order form.




The two sandwiches actually listed on the menu as vegan are the avocado and the black bean patty. I decided to keep it simple and ordered the avocado. I checked off the applicable boxes on the order form to indicate what type of sandwich, bread, vegetables, etc., I wanted, and then I took it to the cashier. I always worry that something will be included that I don't want, so I made sure to tell the cashier I was vegan. His response was to write "Vegan!!" at the top of my order form so the kitchen staff wouldn't miss it.



My sandwich, served on a warm wheat roll, was ready in just a few minutes. I'm already planning what I'll order the next time I go!



Which Wich is located at 1020 16th Street, and their phone number is 916-680-9424. The Which Wich website address is http://www.whichwich.com/, and the Sacramento location's Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Which-Wich-860648264037390/. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Discovered Which Wich last year. It is now my favorite sandwich place. Their website does an awesome job showing what's vegan vs vegetarian. I don't know if this is new, but the website says they have a "superfood" sub/wrap. It has the black bean patty, avocado, quinoa, roasted red peppers, etc. Last time I went to one (about a month ago), I didn't see that option.