Monday, January 15, 2018

Thai Farm House BBQ & Bistro

After reading reviews in both the Sacramento News & Review and the Sacramento Bee, I decided I really needed to check out Thai Farm House BBQ & Bistro, which opened on Broadway and Riverside a few months ago. I couldn't find a copy of the menu online, but the Bee's reviewer said the restaurant was vegetarian-friendly, so I assumed they'd probably be vegan-friendly too.

I got there around 1:00 p.m. last Wednesday, and the place was packed. It's got a small dining room, but I was surprised that it would still be that crowded after the noon rush. That's a good thing, though, right? It usually means people really like the food.

Fortunately, I didn't have to wait very long for a table to open up. I looked at the menu and found that vegetarian options were clearly marked, but there were no similar markings for vegan items. I was told, however, that they can work with you to veganize many of the dishes. The caveat whenever you go to a Thai restaurant is to make sure your server knows that you are vegan and that you don't want fish sauce in anything.

The specials board listed an interesting item I'd never seen anywhere else -- Thai samosas. They were described as "crispy puffs filled with potato, taro, herbs & spices." I was told they were vegan, so I ordered them, and they were excellent. The dipping sauce that came with them was sweet.


For my main course, I ordered pa ram, which consisted of steamed broccoli, carrots, and cabbage in a peanut sauce, with tofu added for my protein. (The menu indicates that it also includes green beans, but there weren't any in mine.) The combination of flavors was quite good.


Since the menu doesn't appear to be online anywhere, I took photos of it so you could see what else they offer.


Thai Farm House BBQ & Bistro is located at 1049 Broadway, Suite 40, and their phone number is 916-382-9448. They don't appear to have a website, but their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thai-Farm-House-Bbq-Bistro/477733922592284. The restaurant is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.





No comments: