Monday, September 2, 2013

Wicked 'Wich at the Downtown Plaza



UPDATE: WICKED 'WICH AT THE DOWNTOWN PLAZA HAS CLOSED


While most businesses seem to be fleeing the Downtown Plaza, the owners of Broderick Roadhouse and the Wicked 'Wich food truck have decided to move in. I don't know why they're bucking the trend, but I'm really glad they are. What a treat to visit a shopping center food court and find something I actually want to eat!


I had lunch at Wicked 'Wich last week and found a couple of vegan options on the menu. I decided on the Tree Hugger, which can be ordered with either their vegan burger or portobello mushroom. I opted for the vegan burger. The sandwich is served on thick sliced Italian bread, and it includes melted Daiya vegan cheese, vinaigrette cole slaw, and French fries -- delicious! The other vegan option is the BBQ Tofu 'Wich, similar to the Tree Hugger except that marinated and baked tofu replaces the vegan burger or portobello mushroom. I've had that before at Broderick Roadhouse, and it's really good too.


The vegan goodness doesn't stop with the sandwiches at Wicked 'Wich. They also sell vegan chocolate chip cookies. I have to say, this was the best food court lunch ever!




Wicked 'Wich is located in the Downtown Plaza food court at 547 L Street. Their Facebook page, which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/wichonwheels, doesn't list a phone number or hours of operation, but the Downtown Plaza is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.


No comments: