Monday, February 20, 2017

Bangkok Garden Thai Cuisine

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Greta and I tried to go to lunch at Tuk Tuk in Natomas, but we were surprised to discover that the restaurant had closed. Fortunately, Greta knew of another Thai restaurant just a short drive away, Bangkok Garden.


The first thing I noticed on Bangkok Garden's menu was the notation at the bottom of each page that read, "Vegan options available. Ask your server." The dish I wanted was the eggplant plate, so I made sure to order it with no fish sauce and with tofu added. It was a delicious combination of eggplant, tofu, bell pepper, and basil sautéed in coconut milk and chili paste.




I was in the area again a few days ago, so I stopped in for lunch. This time, I decided to try one of their curries. I asked the server if the curries contained fish sauce, and she said they did, but could be made without it. So I ordered the green curry with tofu added, a tasty mixture of bell pepper, bamboo shoots, green beans, zucchini, carrots, cabbage, tofu, and basil in a green curry coconut milk sauce.




Bangkok Garden is located at 3230 Arena Boulevard and their phone number is 916-263-9600. Their website address is http://www.bangkok-gardenthaicuisine.com/Blank.html and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/bangkokgardenthaicuisine/. The restaurant is open for lunch daily from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and for dinner Sunday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.



No comments: