Monday, May 29, 2017

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant

I love social media. Without Facebook, I would never have known that Garcia's Mexican Restaurant on Madison Avenue has a vegan menu. But armed with that information, which had been posted on the Sacramento Area Vegans page and shared by Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge, I drove up to Carmichael for lunch last week to check it out.


I requested the vegan menu from the hostess and was happy to see a nice variety of items listed. The first thing I ordered was the vegan happy roll appetizer, which was refried beans, hot sauce, and red peppers rolled in a flour tortilla and then grilled. The rolls were spicy, but good.




Next, I ordered the tasty taco salad, which came in a crispy flour tortilla bowl. It was filled with lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, and black olives, then topped with guacamole.




By the time I finished the salad, I'd had plenty to eat, but when I saw that Garcia's offered a vegan dessert, I had to try it. The apple flautas consisted of apple pie filling rolled in a flour tortilla, then deep-fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar. What a delicious way to end a very satisfying meal!




Garcia's Mexican Restaurant is located at 6049 Madison Avenue, and their phone number is 916-344-3177. Their website address is https://www.garciasmexicanrestaurants.net/ and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Garcias-Mexican-Restaurant-113955535292744/. The restaurant is open Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.