Monday, May 22, 2017

Selland's Market-Café

Selland's Market-Café opened a new location on Broadway recently. I waited several weeks to check it out, hoping that the newness would wear off and the lines of people waiting to order would start to die down. I should have known better -- Selland's in East Sacramento has been a local favorite for a long time, and it appears that Selland's on Broadway will follow the same pattern.


I visited Selland's on Broadway twice last week. I checked the menu online ahead of time to make sure there were vegan options, and I found a separate vegetarian menu. While there aren't any hot dishes or desserts that are vegan, there is a very nice selection of vegan salads.


During both visits, I ordered a salad trio. For the first one, I chose the roasted beet, roasted cauliflower and chickpea, and Asian noodle salads. The beet salad consisted of beets, chard, red cabbage, green onion, sunflower seeds, and a maple-sherry vinaigrette. The cauliflower and chickpea salad included arugula, and was tossed with a lemon-tahini dressing. In addition to the noodles, red bell pepper, carrots, green onion, cilantro, and a peanut dressing made up the Asian noodle salad. All three salads were excellent, which made it hard for me to order something different the next time I visited.




However, I wanted to be able to show you a more complete picture of Selland's vegan options, so I did order a couple of different salads for my next visit. I stuck with the Asian noodle salad, but I added the seasonal fruit salad and the roasted broccoli and red pepper salad, which was tossed with olive oil, garlic, and lemon.



I notice that, in addition to these vegan side salads, there is also a vegan super greens signature salad, consisting of spinach, kale, chard, roasted beets, red cabbage, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and maple-sherry vinaigrette.


Selland's Market-Café is located at 915 Broadway, and their phone number is 916-732-3390. Their website address is http://www.sellands.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/sellandsmarketcafe/. The restaurant is open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

2 comments:

A Da Vigo said...

They all sound super tasty! I never visited Selland's in East Sacramento, but I'll try now that they've moved to Broadway.

Pam said...

Best to avoid peak hours or you'll end up standing in line for a long time!