Monday, July 17, 2017

Little Belgium Deli and Beer Bar



My husband Phil and I took a drive up to Auburn over the weekend, where we spent a very pleasant afternoon. There must be lots of vegans up that way, judging from how easy it's been to find restaurants offering vegan options whenever I'm in the area. In the past, I've blogged about Joe Caribé Bistro & Café and Nectar Café. This time, we decided to check out Little Belgium Deli and Beer Bar.

I liked the fact that Little Belgium had a vegan/vegetarian section on their menu, and they listed some specifically vegan items. On the front window of their restaurant, they advertise their "famous stuffed avocados," so I ordered the Vegan Harvest Avocado as an appetizer. It was such a simple dish, but so delicious! It consisted of a perfectly ripe avocado half stuffed with hummus, then topped with diced cucumbers and mushrooms in a sriracha/vegan mayonnaise sauce. Usually, red onions are also involved, but I don't like onions, so I asked that they be omitted. Really, I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this dish!


Next, I ordered the Vegan Veggie sandwich, two slices of brown bread with lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, pickles, avocado, vegan cheese, and vegan mayo. Sprouts and red onion are usually on this sandwich, but I asked that they be left off. This hearty sandwich was served with tortilla chips and a dill pickle wedge. All in all, this was a very satisfying meal!


Little Belgium Deli and Beer Bar is located at 780 Lincoln Way in Auburn, and their phone number is 530-820-3056. Their website address is http://www.littlebelgiumdeli.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/littlebelgiumdeli/. They are open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to midnight, and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.




No comments: