Monday, June 16, 2014

Ciao Chow Food Truck



I've been wanting to check out the vegan items at Ciao Chow for awhile, so I was glad to finally catch up with this food truck last week outside the CalPERS building.


I had a hard time deciding which of two items I wanted to try the most, so I ended up ordering both. The Tofu Marinated with Curry and 5 Spice Rice Plate was excellent, served with salad and sautéed mushrooms. Make sure to order it vegan-style, without the Ciao Chow sauce.




The other item I ordered was the Chow Mein with tofu. This tasty dish, which consists of tofu, flour-based noodles, green beans, onions, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, tomatoes, and hoisin sauce, is vegan without the need for any modifications.




The Ciao Chow Food Truck is a regular at many local food truck meetups. Their schedule is updated weekly on their website. You can also follow them on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments: