Monday, June 23, 2014

Sun & Soil Juice Company



I've seen a lot of buzz on Twitter and Facebook recently about Sun & Soil Juice Company, so I stopped by this weekend to check it out for myself.


The menu here is strictly liquid -- no muffins, cookies, sandwiches, or any other type of solid food. Fortunately, there are lots of interesting liquid options.


I ordered the Downtown Molly Brown smoothie, sixteen ounces of coconut milk, coconut water, banana, pecans, dates, chia seeds, vanilla, garam masala, and Himalayan salt. It was very tasty, and I felt like I was drinking a dessert. At least two of the smoothies contain honey, so you may want to ask that it be omitted if you order the Iron Giant or the Stress Free Strawberry.




Sun & Soil Juice Company also sells bottled cold pressed raw juices in a variety of flavors. I ordered one that isn't listed on the menu, Pineapple Dream, a delicious mixture of pineapple, coconut milk, and cinnamon. It was like a healthy piña colada. There's a $2.00 deposit fee, which is refunded when you rinse and return the bottle.




A one-day juice cleanse option is available, consisting of six different bottles of juice. The first juice on the list, Lemon Snap, contains honey, but if you call ahead, the staff can help you figure out an alternative.


Sun & Soil Juice Company is located at 1912 P Street in Midtown, and their phone number is 916-341-0327. Their website address is http://sunandsoiljuice.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/sunandsoiljuice#!/sunandsoiljuice/info. The restaurant is open Sunday and Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Tuesday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Be sure to ask for a rewards card so you can receive one free juice after you've purchased twelve.


3 comments:

Linda T. said...

I can't wait to try it!

Linda T. said...

I can't wait to try it!

Pam said...

I'm going to try their juice cleanse later this week, Linda. I'll let you know how it goes.