Monday, November 9, 2015

Pachamama

As I've mentioned before, a time or two or ten, I'm not a coffee drinker. Tea is my hot beverage of choice. But when I heard about a new coffee restaurant serving foods prepared by local vegans, I had to check it out.


The Pachamama Coffee Cooperative sells coffee grown by five different cooperatives representing family farmers in Peru, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Ethiopia, and Mexico. Their U.S. headquarters is in midtown Sacramento, where they sell coffee wholesale or through their retail shops in Davis and East Sacramento.




The East Sacramento location opened just a couple of weeks ago at 36th and J. When I walked in, the first two things I noticed were the bakery case selling Sugar Plum Vegan donuts and muffins on the counter next to the cash register, and the refrigerated case across from the cash register filled with quinoa burgers, tostadas, enchiladas, and other healthy raw vegan dishes from the Green Boheme. Clearly, vegans are welcome at Pachamama!






I ordered an addictive Super Plum Vegan Samoa donut and a latte with almond milk. Pachamama offers both soy milk and almond milk at no extra charge. I'm happy to report that the latte had a very smooth taste, with none of the bitterness I associate with coffee. I actually rather enjoyed it!




The East Sacramento Pachamama is located at 3644 J Street, and their phone number is 916-476-4385. The Davis Pachamama is located at 521 First Street, and their phone number is 530-746-2172. Both locations are open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. More information about Pachamama Coffee Cooperative can be found on their website at http://www.pacha.coop/.

1 comment:

Mikkel Magnuson said...

Hello! Nice Blog you have shared. This is very informative blog and have a lot to learn from this. Thanks for promoting veganism and their richness of recipes.