Monday, November 23, 2015

Vegan Tuesdays at Capitol Garage

Sometimes, I feel like I've gotten into a rut, eating the same vegan dishes at the same restaurants over and over again. That's one reason I was happy to find out about Capitol Garage's Vegan Tuesdays. A special menu of plant-based options is offered every Tuesday, in addition to the wonderful vegan dishes that are available on Capitol Garage's regular menu and their happy hour menu.


I visited Capitol Garage last Tuesday. The Vegan Tuesday menu listed a radish salad, tomato bisque, and a tofu torta. I ordered the torta, slices of salsa-seared tofu, avocado, and black bean spread on a focaccia bun. This delicious sandwich came with a huge serving of fries.




As you can probably imagine, I couldn't eat another thing after that, but I didn't want to leave without getting dessert to go. The only vegan dessert available was a banana chocolate mocha cake, which sounded pretty great to me. I shared this enormous slice of cake with my husband later that night, and we both loved it.




Capitol Garage is located at 1500 K Street, and their phone number is 916-444-3633. Their website address is http://www.capitolgarage.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/capGarage/?fref=ts. The Vegan Tuesday menu is available every Tuesday from 4:00 p.m. until close.

2 comments:

Anne Da Vigo said...

That cake looks heavenly!

Pam said...

It really was, Anne!