Monday, November 7, 2016

Road Trip! True Food Kitchen in Walnut Creek

This past week, I had lunch with my parents at the new True Food Kitchen in Walnut Creek. This restaurant chain prides itself on its "anti-inflammatory diet" and it offers numerous vegan options, clearly marked on the menu.


I started out with this gorgeous glass of pomegranate chia limeade, which tasted as good as it looked.




For my entrée, I went back and forth, trying to decide between the ancient grains bowl with tofu and vegetables, and the TLT sandwich. I finally opted for the sandwich, consisting of smoked tempeh, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and vegan mayonnaise on whole grain bread. It was great! The sweet potato hash that came with it was very good too.




My mom ordered the butternut squash pizza. In addition to the squash, it was topped with smoked onion, kale, vegan almond ricotta, and dried cranberries. She really enjoyed it.




True Food Kitchen had several vegan desserts too. I loved my apple goji crisp, served with vegan vanilla ice cream, and Mom was happy with her squash pie topped with coconut whipped cream. I had a bite of it and it was delicious!





True Food Kitchen is a national restaurant chain, but unfortunately, the closest location to Sacramento is the restaurant in Walnut Creek. For more information about their locations, hours, and menus, visit the True Food Kitchen website at http://www.truefoodkitchen.com/ or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TrueFoodKitchen/.








No comments: