Monday, August 27, 2012

Crocker Cafe by Supper Club

Last week, I visited the Crocker Art Museum to check out the fabulous contemporary glass and Mel Ramos exhibitions. After salivating over the artwork for awhile, I had worked up a serious appetite, so I took the elevator back down to the main floor and headed for the Crocker Cafe by Supper Club.

Since I arrived at the cafe after 2:00, I was too late for the hot food, but there was a nice variety of salads available, several of which were clearly marked as vegan. I decided to order a Salad Trio, and the three vegan salads I chose were the Thai noodle salad, the Napa cabbage slaw, and the seasonal fresh fruit salad. The Thai noodle salad was spicy and the slaw was even spicier, so the fruit salad was a refreshing contrast.

The salad selection at Crocker Cafe changes regularly, as does the soup selection. The day I was there, the menu included both a cold vegan soup (watermelon gazpacho) and a hot vegan soup (roasted red pepper, fennel, and saffron).

The Crocker Cafe is located inside the Crocker Art Museum at 216 O Street. Their telephone number is 916-808-1865 and their website address is http://www.crockerartmuseum.org/visit/crocker-cafe-by-supper-club. The cafe is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. You do not need to buy a ticket to the museum in order to eat in the cafe.


No comments: