Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Shopping in Land Park

While there aren't very many places to shop in Land Park, there are a couple of stores that really stand out.

One of my favorite gift shops is Collected Works, located on Freeport Boulevard just south of Sutterville. They are stocked with all sorts of fun Christmas merchandise right now, but they also have a nice selection of Hanukkah items. Collected Works has a second store downtown on L Street, right across from the Capitol.



I wish I'd been able to get a better picture of this great little shop, but there were too many cars in the way. If you haven't visited Trezhers on Riverside Boulevard before, you should check it out. They have lots of unusual gifts made by a variety of local artists and craftspeople. They also offer classes and workshops from time to time in case you'd like to try to make your own gifts. It's definitely worth a look!



Normally, I would suggest that after you finish your shopping in Land Park, you stop in at Here's the Scoop! on Freeport for the best vegan ice cream in town. Unfortunately, they appear to have closed, so I don't know where I'll get my vegan ice cream fix now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Just wanted to tell you I'm really enjoying your series on local shopping! Now I've got some new stores to check out. Also, I am so sad to hear that Here's the Scoop has closed. I'm really going to miss those bonbons.

Pam said...

Thanks, Jenn! I'm glad you like the shop locally posts. Definitely agree about the bonbons -- the ones made with Very Cherry Chip ice cream were my favorites.