Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Shopping in Old Town Folsom

I made the short drive up to Old Town Folsom yesterday to do a little shopping. My favorite store in Folsom's Historic District is Clouds, where they make and sell gorgeous pottery. In addition to the usual plates and mugs, Clouds makes teapots, garlic pots, toothbrush holders, pet dishes, spoon rests, and many other unusual items for the kitchen and the bathroom. I love their new Golden Poppy pattern, shown in the foreground of the picture below.


















I always enjoy stopping in at Snyder's House of Jade to see the beautiful jewelry and other art objects the Snyder family has picked up during their buying trips to Asia. Jade, cloisonne, and other treasures make a visit to Snyder's feel like a trip to a museum!


















I love the jewelry at Rainbow Bridge Jewelers, where the work of several different designers is featured. I find a new favorite every time I visit, although currently I'm fascinated by the Firefly line, made with Austrian crystals and Czech glass beads.


















I really wanted to try to veganize this post in some way, but if there are any vegan treats in Old Town Folsom, I sure couldn't find them. Does anyone have any vegan recommendations for my next visit?

No comments: