Thursday, October 4, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- The Porch


My husband Phil and I had dinner tonight at the Porch, a restaurant that participates in the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge every year. This restaurant is also vegan-friendly year-round, offering vegan options for brunch, lunch, and dinner.



The SVCC menu was dated October 3rd – yesterday – so the food I had tonight may not be on the menu whenever you decide to go, but I’m going to tell you what I had anyhow!



For starters, I ordered the sweet chili cauliflower, cornmeal fried cauliflower florets in a sweet chili sauce. I thought this was an outstanding dish and I hope they keep it on the menu forever!



For my main course, I had the smoked tofu and beet meatballs. I know that sounds a little odd, but it was actually pretty good. The three meatballs were served on a bed of sautéed Swiss chard and mashed potatoes.



I was way too full for dessert, but I couldn’t pass up apple pie cake, and I’m really glad I didn’t. It was basically a spice cake with creamy frosting, topped with apple pie filling. Doesn’t get much better than that!



The Porch is located at 1815 K Street, and their phone number is 916-444-2423. Their website address is http://www.theporchrestaurantandbar.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/ThePorchRestaurant/. The restaurant is open Tuesday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The SVCC menu is not offered at lunchtime.  

No comments: