Monday, October 1, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- Revolution Wines


Today is the first of October, which means it’s also the first day of the annual Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge. Every October, local chefs create an array of scrumptious vegan menu items, which are available throughout the month. I look forward to this event every year!



The first thing I did for this year’s challenge was to print out a listing of all the participating restaurants. This list also indicates during which meals the special vegan dishes will be available. This year, there’s a special emphasis on brunch and dessert. Here’s a link to the list so you can print it out too: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nx3pjhRODuEw012bEEV1z2frXZrU5E8-8AM-iuF-eC8/edit.



A few of the participating restaurants have previewed on social media the dishes they’ll be offering this month, so I knew exactly where my first stop was going to be. The always vegan-friendly Revolution Wines shared a photo of the Impossible Stroganoff they had created, using Impossible Burger crumbles, and I couldn’t wait to try it. I stopped in for lunch today, and the stroganoff was every bit as good as I’d hoped it would be. All the vegan items are listed on Revolution Wines’ regular menu, and are clearly marked as vegan. I think the next time I'm there, I’ll try the sweet potatoes and chili.







I was actually too full for dessert, but I couldn’t pass up the Mexican chocolate cake, topped with blueberry compote. The cake was very good, and the blueberry compote was the perfect accompaniment. All the desserts at Revolution Wines are vegan, so if chocolate cake isn’t your thing, you might try the seasonal fruit crisp or the pumpkin cheesecake.







Revolution Wines is located at 2831 S Street, and their phone number is 916-444-7711. Their website address is http://rev.wine/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/revolutionwines/?ref=br_rs. They are open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. They will also be offering special vegan dishes on their brunch menu, served Friday through Sunday.

No comments: