Friday, October 6, 2017

SVCC Days Four and Six -- Evan's Kitchen (Lunch) and EASTsmf (Lunch)

After having such a fabulous breakfast at Evan's Kitchen on Tuesday, I went back there with my friend Marilyn for lunch on Wednesday. I ordered the yummy Not So Tuna Melt, made with garbanzo beans, with a cup of New England Clamless Chowder for my side dish. Chopped shiitake mushrooms replicated the chewy texture of clams in the chowder, and it was really good.


If you missed Evan's Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu in my previous post, here it is again.



I wasn't able to visit any of the participating restaurants yesterday, but I had lunch today at EASTsmf, and a wonderful autumn lunch it was! The main course was a plate of fall vegetables -- butternut squash, delicata squash, kale, shiitake mushrooms, and red onions -- in mushroom gravy, served over quinoa. Perfection!


Dessert was fabulous as well -- a baked Gala apple, with cinnamon, walnuts, and caramel sauce.


EASTsmf has gone all out, with Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menus for brunch, lunch, and dinner. You should definitely check them out!













No comments: