Monday, October 28, 2013

Temple Fine Coffee and Tea



I'm encouraged by all the Sacramento coffeehouses that include vegan baked goods among the pastries they offer for sale, including Old Soul, Peet's, and Insight Coffee Roasters.


On a couple of recent visits to Temple Fine Coffee and Tea, I was happy to discover that they are part of this trend too, serving delicious muffins from Sacramento's own Sugar Plum Vegan. At the Temple location downtown on Ninth Street, I had a fabulous Morning Glory muffin, which turned out to be the only vegan muffin they had left. At the 28th and S Street location, however, three different types of Sugar Plum Vegan muffins were available. I chose the excellent Almond Raspberry muffin shown in the picture.


Coffee and tea drinks can be made with soy milk, like the artistically-presented cappuccino I had with my muffin. I don't generally drink coffee, but I ordered this because I knew it would look pretty in the picture.


The downtown Temple Fine Coffee and Tea is located at 1010 Ninth Street, and the phone number is 916-443-4960. The midtown Temple is located at 2829 S Street, and the phone number is 916-454-1272. Temple's website address is http://templecoffee.com/index.html. Both of these locations are open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

No comments: