Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Capitol Dawg


UPDATE: CAPITOL DAWG HAS CLOSED

Before I went vegan, I didn't even like hot dogs.  So, naturally, the minute I switched to a vegan diet and could no longer eat them, I found myself craving them.  I tried veggie dogs once or twice, but they tasted even worse than I remembered real hot dogs tasting.  And then along came Capitol Dawg!  Sometimes it seems as though I'm in there every week now for a couple of their irresistible vegetable and grain protein vegan hot dogs, which they thoughtfully serve steamed so my Veggie Dawgs don't touch the grill or the deep fat fryer where the meat dogs are cooked.  There are no dairy products or eggs in the hot dog buns or the French rolls (which cost a little extra, but are so worth it!).  They offer a variety of toppings and extras either free or for a small charge.  Capitol Dawg's extensive menu lists numerous specialty hot dog items with cute local-interest names (River Dawg, Midtown Dawg, Tesla Dawg, etc.), all of which can be made using veggie dogs.

Capitol Dawg is located at 1226 20th Street, between Capitol and L streets in midtown Sacramento.  Their phone number is 916-444-1226, and their website address is  http://www.capitoldawg.com/#.  According to their website, Capitol Dawg is open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.; and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  On Second Saturdays, they stay open until 11:00 p.m.  


No comments: