Tuesday, October 2, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- Crocker Cafe


I had lunch with my friend Bonnie today, who wanted to go to the Crocker Café. That was fine with me, since Crocker Café is participating in this year’s Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge and I know their food is always good.



There doesn’t appear to be a separate Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu at Crocker Café – their vegan dishes are just incorporated into their regular menu. Their main vegan offerings appear to be tacos and cookies, so I ordered both.



The vegan tacos were filled with house-made vegan chorizo, house-made cashew cheese, and cabbage. Their vegan chorizo appeared to have a quinoa base. It was very flavorful and paired well with the creamy texture of the cashew cheese. I really enjoyed these tacos!




The cookies were on a platter near the cash register. Since they were small, I ordered two. Basically, they were like Russian tea cakes, little balls of baked dough covered in powdered sugar. I love Russian tea cakes, and these definitely did not disappoint!




The Crocker Café is inside the Crocker Art Museum at 216 O Street, and their phone number is 916-808-1865. You don’t need to pay the museum admission fee if you’re only planning to eat at the café and not expecting to visit the art exhibits. The café’s website address is https://www.crockerart.org/cafe, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/CrockerCafeBySupperClub/. Their counter service menu items are available Tuesday through Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.


1 comment:

Michele Drier said...

As usual Pam, you make my mouth water! And the Crocker to boot...