Wednesday, October 17, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- VEG



My friend Genevieve and I had lunch at VEG today. I always love going to VEG, since almost every item on the menu is vegan. This month, they also have special dishes for the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge, so I was really excited to try their new creations.



There were many things to choose from, but the dish that sounded the best to me was the October VegFest, a “Beyond” bratwurst soaked in porter and then grilled. It was covered with maple mustard grain sauce, served over a bed of pan-fried new potatoes and thinly sliced Brussels sprouts, and topped with pickled cabbage. This dish usually includes onions, but I asked that they be omitted. I loved the mixture of flavors, and I really liked the sausage, even though I’m not usually a fan of vegan sausages. 



Genevieve and I shared a dessert – the pumpkin spice cheese cake, made from raw cashews. It was drizzled with fruit syrups, and it was very good. Always a great meal at VEG!


VEG is located at 2431 J Street, upstairs from Thai Basil, and their phone number is 916-448-8768. Their website address is https://www.vegmidtown.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/vegsacramento/. The restaurant is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

No comments: