Monday, October 22, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- Thai Basil


I was out of town all weekend, but before I left on Friday, my husband Phil and I stopped in for a quick lunch at Thai Basil. I really wanted to try everything on their Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu, but I only had time for one dish.



After much deliberation, I ordered the Impossible Spicy Larb salad. This dish consists of Impossible meat cooked in a special blend of Thai larb spices and served on a bed of mixed greens, along with tomatoes, cucumber, and shredded carrots. A tamarind dressing provided the finishing touch. Normally, this salad includes fried onions, but I had them omitted from mine. The spicy Impossible meat was a nice contrast to the salad’s vegetables.



Thai Basil is located at 2431 J Street, and their phone number is 916-442-7690. Their website address is https://www.thaibasilrestaurant.com, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/thaibasilrestaurant/. The restaurant is open Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. In addition to their all-day Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu, they’re also offering a special brunch menu this month on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

No comments: