Thursday, October 11, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- de Vere's Irish Pub


My friend Cathy and I had lunch today at de Vere’s Irish Pub so I could check out their Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu. They make such a great Beyond Burger there that it was difficult for me to pass it up, but for this month, I’m all about the special items restaurants are offering for the challenge.



de Vere’s has two items on their Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge menu, so I ordered both. The first was roasted cauliflower, tossed with harissa vinaigrette, curry oil, toasted sesame seeds, cilantro, and mint. I love cauliflower anyhow, but this dish was especially good, and I hope they keep it on the menu.



The other item was soy chorizo toast, de Vere’s version of avocado toast. The toast was served on a bed of arugula and piled high with avocado, soy scramble, and soyrizo. It was dressed with harissa vinaigrette and garnished with pickled onion, radish slices, and cilantro, which made it a very colorful and beautifully presented dish. I worried about whether it would be filling enough, but it was a generous serving.



de Vere’s Irish Pub is located at 1521 L Street, and their phone number is 916-231-9947. Their website address is https://www.deverespub.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/deverespub/. The restaurant is open Monday and Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to midnight, Wednesday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to midnight.

No comments: