Thursday, October 18, 2018

SVCC 2018 -- Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op


I have a lot going on during the next few days, so I didn’t have time for a long lunch today. Instead, I stopped in at the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op to see what yummy things they’re offering for the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge.



There were two signs on their deli counter advertising their special vegan items. One was a vegan oyster mushroom burrito, described as grilled oyster mushrooms in banh mi sauce, cilantro brown rice, sriracha Veganaise, sliced cucumbers, shredded carrots, pickled red onions, fresh mint, sliced jalapeños,  and fresh cilantro, all rolled up in a spinach wrap.



That sounded good, but I wanted the other item – the Vegan Fakin BLTA. Served on a Pugliese baguette, this sandwich is spread with tofu mayo and filled with Lightlife Fakin Bacon, avocado, tomato, and lettuce. It was just what I needed!



I also bought one of the vegan donuts they’re offering this month. It was a house-made ginger spice donut topped with chocolate icing and candied ginger. It was great, but my favorite co-op donut this month was the unicorn donut they were selling a couple of weeks ago. 



This is the co-op’s first year participating in the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge, and I think they’ve done a great job. I hope they’ll participate again next year!



The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op is located at 2820 R Street, and their phone number is 916-455-2667. Their website address is https://sac.coop/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/sacfoodcoop/. They are open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

No comments: